Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber displays wrong caller id on call to huntgroup

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

We have cucm 8.6(2) with cups 8.6(4) and jabber for windows 9.0(3).

On calls that other employees make to a hunt group, the hunt group members with jabber for windows see an incorrect caller id in the call popup. Instead of the name of the actual caller and the alerting name of the hunt group the users see their own name (which doesn't add anything ;).

Is this a known defect? Is there a workaround available? If it is a defect does anyone know if it will be fixed in the next release, 9.0(4)?

Regards,

Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

7 Replies 7

I'm seeing this exact same thing, not finding a way around it as of yet. Anyone seen it and had better luck?

CUCM 8.5.1 - Jabber 9.0(3) and CUPS 8.6(4)

Hi,

This is not supported in the current release. It is on the product roadmap and a feature request (CSCtz99688) exists to track this.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Is this supported in Jabber clients 9.1.0, 9.1.1 - I am running cucm 8.6.2.22900-9 and CUPS 8.6.4.11900-1

Having same issue as described above.  outside calls come in and hit hunt-group, Jabber clients in hunt-group are getting their name and DN as caller-ID.
How can I track a feature request?

Thanks,

Gary

Found feature request (CSCtz99688) in bug toolkit.  It still has not been addressed and no workaround is listed.

Maqsood,

Can you give us an update as to where this fix stands?

This was picked up in 9.0(1) and here we are at 9.1(1)????

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary,

This has not been comitted to any release yet and I don't know when it is going to be prioritized. If it is important for your setup, please contact your account team.

Thanks,

Maqsood

jsteinberg
Level 5
Level 5

Using Jabber 9.2.0 and CUCM 9.1.1a, it seems that Jabber doesn't even popup the incoming call toast when a call is coming inbound via a hunt group.    Based on the other responses in the thread, it seems like this used to work but at some point broke.

Upgrade to release 9.2.5. and this problem is still not solved.

Strange is that Cisco claims in the release notes that 9.2.4 no longer crashed on incoming huntgroup call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: