Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber domain name twice

hey folks
have you configured jabber and active directory mode (EDI/BDI)?
Jabber is displaying the userID instead of the First name and last name, and I am getting the scenarios below
Jabber Phone-only, jabber displays jack.sparrow@domain.com@domain.com
Jabber IM, Jabber displays jack.sparrow@domain.com
Jabber IM + UDS, jabber display Jack Sparrow
I found this bug CSCup56375, and there is no release planned to fix this bug
I am using EDI/BDI because the customer has not web server for photos, all photos are stored in the AD (thumbnailPhoto attribute)

We are using the email address as userID

CUCM Cluster 11.5

Jabber 11.9 and 12.0(1)

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's the expected behavior if you use the default JID, you might want to change to flexible JID to address that issue.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi, Jaime

Is the domain name twice expected when Jabber Phone-only? I understand that default JID, it is applied when we are using the IM-Only or Full Services

And, we are using IM Address Scheme = Directory URI

CUCM still adds a domain to the userID value, that's the reason why you need to configure the PresenceDomain in your XML so the user can be found.

Have you configured that parameter in your .xml?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes

With presence domain in the jabber-config the result is Peterson.cristovam@domain@domain or mailaddress@domain

Without the presence domain the result is: Peterson.cristovam@domain@ or mailaddress@

We are using the mail as login and the domains twice does not happen when the user has the IM enabled. Only when jabber phone-only.

Would you be willing to elaborate with some samples? 

We are seeing the double domain but only on a second device.  The device we add the contact to appears correct.