Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber drops call after 19-20 seconds

dwatson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

We are starting to setup the Jabber client for our users to connect to their phones.

We are on call manager 8.5 and the latest jabber client for iphone.(8.6.5.18561)

When we are in the office on the WIFI, the Jabber call works fine, but when we connect to the network using cisco anyconnect and then connect our phone and dial someone, it drops the phone call after 20 seconds without fail.

We connect back to the network from either the 3G or external internet connection.

Several users have tried it and it happens everytime. It doesnt neccisarily drop the call as it is still counting down, but you can hear anyone and they cant hear you.

Is there any setting that we will need to check?

thanks

4 Replies 4

d16lee
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  My new install is behaving the same way.  Behind the firewall on WIFI, ipad jabber my call stays up for > 45 min.  When connected through Anyconnect, it's exactly 20s.

Thanks.

-Dave

Hi David

Yes in a way. When we had the issue, we were going through an extranet on our ISP to our sister company network edge.

we have since installed our own edge and now have our own anyconnect client where the CUCM sits behind the firewall.

we dont have any issues anymore when using the anyconnect client. When we did have the issue, it seemed to be a keepalive wasnt going back to the call manager.

Dont know if you have a simlar setup, so i dont know if this helps, sorry

ta

david

Hi guys

What CUCM version are you running?

There is a current CUCM bug that doesn't support the SIP profile keepalive timers to keep the device registered. Bug ID is: CSCth68547 (is actually seen in all Jabber versions and iOS)

You maybe hitting this, I had a 7.1.5 CUCM that would unregister the devices every 2 mins and would drop active calls.

There are the SIP timers in the ASA also that close the media channels after a set period but this should only happen when there isn't any activity.

hth

Andy

I'm running UCM v8.6.

I was on the phone with TAC and it was discovered that the problem was the MTU setting on my firewall.  I did not have the problem when the IPAD was not traversing the firewall.  My problem is resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: