Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Drops screen Sharing

In our office helpdesk are using jabber screen sharing to support users .. screen sharing is working fine but when the helpdesk guy call the user they are supporting and hangup the line it doesn’t only closes the call but also ends the screen sharing

Is that there by design ? , and if it is , is there a way around it ? ... we need to have screen sharing stay when the call with the user who’s screen is shared ends.. 

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you do a screen share while on a call, you use BFCP, that's basically a video stream that goes along with the voice/video call you already had. That is the expected behavior.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

No i start the screen share with remote control without a call , but when in midway of support i need to call the user who’s computer im controlling, Screen sharing drops as soon as i end the call.

OK, here's the thing. An IM only screen share uses RDP, a screen share during a call uses BFCP.

When you place the call, you end up using BFCP for that screen share, even if it started as an IM only screen share.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: