cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber: during calls all shortcuts go to Jabber

Appfel
Level 1
Level 1

When in a call all shortcuts (such as Ctrl + F or Alt + S) are sent to Jabber, meaning no search in a document or on a website is possible during the call. Is this normal behaviour and can it be disabled?

In use: Windows 7 and Cisco Jabber 12.9.5.55511 on premise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rcgalvin22
Level 1
Level 1

Likely due to bug CSCvx96638  'Jabber Windows in Modern UX Model Appearance takes focus from Ctrl-F while on a Call'

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Windows 7 has reached EOL. Asper the Planning guide, windows 7 is not a supported platfrom. 

Screenshot 2021-09-02 at 8.49.39 PM.png

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_9/cjab_b_planning-guide-cisco-jabber-129/cjab_b_planning-guide-cisco-jabber-129_chapter_01010.html

Response Signature

Hello Nithin, thanks for the answer, but it is the same with Windows 10, I just checked with my workmate. So it has not to do with unsupported operating system. Any other idea?

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Appfel, This is not a normal behavior. I have been using Cisco Jabber with different versions on different operating system and never faced this issue. Have you tried different version of Jabber?

Also, just an FYI, it is not possible to disable shortcuts on Cisco Jabber. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

rcgalvin22
Level 1
Level 1

Likely due to bug CSCvx96638  'Jabber Windows in Modern UX Model Appearance takes focus from Ctrl-F while on a Call'

Thanks a lot! It is the very same issue and while we found one workaround we now have both workarounds and confirmation this is a known issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: