cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber error code cj:109:3

ra 011
Level 1
Level 1

jabber cannot control my desk phone and it appears an error code cj:109:3 with unable to connect

43 Replies 43

I fixed this by doing this : 

shutdown the client, deleted the Jabber folder in:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications

Then restart jabber client.

After you replaced phone don't forget to associate new mac address under user profile. Then looks like local Jabber folder keeps  old mac address of phones and you may need to delete local folder on pc  and restart program.  Don't forget also check licences on CUCM and IM&Presence.  

Paul Lehnert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting the same thing with a user running a 7942 phone.  I have tried the steps in this forum and I have made sure that he is set for CTI All Devices.  The Soft phone works fine, but connecting to the hard phone gives issues.  This is a screen shot of the connection status.  I have also checked to make sure the phone was set to allow CTI and it is.  Jabber version I have installed on his system is, 11.8.3.  But I also had the error with 11.7.0

Paul,

If several Jabber versions are impacted, then this is least likely to be a problem on the client side. Assuming that you have already ensured that the necessary role (Standard CTI Enabled) for the above phone model are already assigned to the end user, I will then check the port configured for LDAP authentication in CUCM, if it is enabled. The default value is 389 and this is known to cause the delay in CTI signaling process between Jabber and CUCM resulting in a session disconnection between the two. Hence, we recommend changing it to 3268, restart CTIManager service, exit from Jabber and then try again. Note that this change has to be done on all servers with CTIManager service activated and running. Did it ever work with any Jabber version? What is the full version of CUCM?

-Sankar

It has worked for other users.  There is only one user having the issue.  I did compare all of his settings that I knew of with others and they were all set the same.  I will double check the Port Configuration in CUCM though.

If it works for others, then it is not a problem with the port configuration on the server. As a quick test, can the user login from a working user's machine? And let one of the working users do the same on non-working machine. The results will isolate the problem to a specific machine.

-Sankar

Nope.  I tried that during testing, forgot to mention that sorry.  I logged on as him from my own machine and the same thing happened.  Soft phone worked, couldn't connect to the desk phone.  During testing as well, I deleted his profile and copied one from a working user as well.  Same result though.

Is it the same OS on his and other machines? Does he use extension mobility to use the deskphone? I would like to see the output of https://<cucm ip address>:8443/cucm-uds/user/<userid of the non-working user>/devices from the browser. This query works only for cucm version 9.x and above.

-Sankar

Different OS.  Mine is Windows 7, his system is running windows 10.  I will see if I can get you that output tomorrow.  I did try from home, however I do not have access to that it seems.

are you seeing any Error Notifications?

also here is another page with a good config. https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12169031/cisco-jabber-windows-cannot-control-desk-phone

The only error notification I got is the one mentioned in the forum title:  cj:109:3.  I did check those settings in the link already.  I did have this issue once before, but It was because I forgot to check the CTI enabled on the desk phone and add them to the CTI Control groups.  So it became habit now to double check those.

On a whim I decided to remove all the CTI stuff from his user profile.  I then went and readded them.  Now he is able to control the desk phone.  Thanks everyone for the help.  Not sure why readding the CTI settings again worked, but hey they did.

cheers!!

Usama Alajrami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Try to solve the below:

this issue is caused by the following setting:

Standard SIP Profile for Mobile Device

you need to use

Standard SIP Profile

the issue is being caused by the timers that are different for Mobile Devices and Jabber for Windows

if this is not the case, the following could be done to solve this:

(https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12584781/deskphone-unable-connect-jabber)

- CCMCIP profile under Application

- Primary TFTP server wasn't set under Legacy Client Settings

http://voiceprep.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=173:jabber-for-windows-unable-to-use-softphone-mode&catid=32:unified-communications-ipt&Itemid=47

Can you please share a solution to the problem?

I have tried everything recommended. Deleted the local folder of Jabber.

Deleted and added all CTI in CUCM for the user.

Tried with his credentials on my pc and worked.

Tried with my credientials on his pc and the error appears again.

Any suggestions?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: