Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android 10.5 one way audio issue on Samsung Galaxy S5

amirsepa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Jabber for Android and when it calls cisco ip desk phones they are not able to hear the Jabber user.

The Jabber user is able to hear them fine. If we continue talking on Jabber a few words are heard by desk phone intermittently and sparsely.

We replaced the Samsung Galaxy S5 and that did not fix this issue.  We used other android phones and they do not have any problems.

The user went home and said the call works fine over his home wifi.  When at work the call works fine over his LTE connection too.

Has anyone else had this issue with Samsung Galaxy S5 from Verizon?

Thanks!

Arash

7 Replies 7

kuldeep tiwari
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please share CUCM logs please...Let us see what exactly is going is Reverse rtp is stucking somewhere????

Disable 802.11n on your network and try Jabber call . Let me know , if that works for you.

Regards

Vinay

The customer does not want to turn off 802.11n.

Are you confident that this will solve the issue.

Is there any other workaround? Everything works except for jabber one way audio.

Yup ! that worked for me or Alternatively Disable CAC on ur Radio. If you have multiple devices in your network , you may want to create separate SSID on specific Radio without CAC, As of now only these workaround worked for me . Seems to be issue with Samsung Devices.

Also Ping your Samsung device during call , ping will fail as soon call starts as packets from the samsung devices doesn't reach network which causes one way audio .

Hope this helps .

regards

Vinay

Is there a bug open against Jabber?

The release notes say we fully support Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android OS 4.4.x.  Is Cisco working with Samsung to address this issue?

This problem appears to only affect Cisco Jabber application.  Internet voip apps seem to work fine.  For example, we tried "Line" and placed a voip call fine.

Do you know if using a "Factory Default Lossy" Audio  Codec Preference list in the Region settings applied to Device pool for the Samsung phones will also work around the issue by not using G.711?

Using "Factory Default Lossy" for Audio  Codec Preference list  seemed to work for two Cisco Jabber for Android talking with each other.  So it seems it depends on the codec being selected.

Let me know if you have a Cisco Jabber bug id.

Jabber for Android improperly sending audio traffic
CSCus18233

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: