cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android 11.8.0 in WiFi environment - IP Address issue

enoch
Level 1
Level 1

I found an IP Addressing issue on Jabber for Android 11.8.0 (11.8.0.249427) in the following scenario:

• Android OS 6.0 or 6.0.1
  • VoLTE enabled on the Android device
  • Android device is in Wi-Fi Network
  • Jabber for Android is registered onto CUCM in the Campus Network (not going thru Expressway)

The Wi-Fi IP Address of the Android device is 192.168.18.164, but the CUCM would indicate that it is registered with an unknown IP Address 10.219.84.26.

If I try to make call with another IP Phone (or to PSTN via Voice Gateway), there is one-way audio.  Remote party can hear my voice, but I can hear nothing.  And, if remote party try to hang-up the call, Jabber client is not disconnected.

If I try to make call from other phone (to this Jabber for Android client), the call would be drop to Voicemail.

It is because the CUCM expect this Jabber for Android client is at IP Address 10.219.84.26, but this IP Address is not valid in the Campus Network.

If I disable the VoLTE setting at the Android device, problem disappeared.  CUCM shows that this Jabber for Android client is registered with IP Address 192.168.18.164 (correct address), and no more one-way audio issue.

Refer to the attached Jabber Problem Log, it seems that the Jabber client wrongly pickup the VoLTE Interface address as the source address for CUCM registration. 

I believe it's a bug!

This problem would also extend to the case when the Jabber for Android client is registered via Expressway from another Wi-Fi Network, esp. with NAT & firewall (e.g. at home).  The Jabber for Android client is still using "wrong IP Address" as source IP.  CUCM may recognize that this Jabber for Android client is registered with Expressway-C IP Address, but the client-side NAT/Firewall would try to forward the return packet to the "wrong IP Address".  As a result, the client still can't receive the packet.

Can this bug be fixed in the next release?

1 Reply 1

Berry G
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Were you able to fix this.

We are experiencing jabber 12.1.1 disconnection issues on Androids with VoLTE enabled.

When VoLTE is disable, jabber works fine, however we can't disable VoLTE for all the users.

Thanks,