Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android and certificate

Hi Guys,

I  am troubleshooting a Jabber issue on Android phone. The background is everything was working just fine until I upgraded the certificate between both expressways. The issue is the Client can register with CUCM, IM, and CUP from the outside network through express-e and c. But client can't register with CUCM but can register with IM&P and VM server, when connected in the inside network.

I have tried one the most common suggestion on the forum aka change the IP of CUCM to the hostname. When I tried that, Jabber can't register with CUCM neither from inside or outside, but still register with IM&P and Unity servers.

Again only the certificate was changed on both Expressways.

Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'd take a look in the PRT to see what happens with the connection to CUCM

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you change all three references to FQDN?
- CUCM Admin > System > Servers
- CUCM Admin > Users > User Settings > UC Service
- IM&P Admin > Application > Cisco Jabber > Settings (TFTP). Be aware that the first will update IP Phone XML config files and require every phone to have DNS servers in their DHCP lease.

On a related note, be careful when changing IM&P nodes to FQDN; this process is quite error-prone.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-im-presence-service/212647-update-unified-im-and-presence-im-p-se.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: