Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android and Jabber voice for Android

I confuse about between Jabber for Android and Jabber Voice for Android application. Is it same application?

When i try to search jabber application on Google Playstore(using Galaxy S2) im only found the Jabber Voice for Android which support only voice calling.

My requirement are Voice, Video, IM&Presence. Therefore Is the Jabber for Android which unified voice video im&presence not available yet?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

giorgiosalsiri
Level 1
Level 1

For IM & Presence you need to install Jabber IM.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Giorgiosalsiri,

Thanks for your reply. I have just tried this app and it's required the WebEx on Cloud account. In my environment don't have WebEx so do you have another solution for jabber for Android for Video and IM&Presence?

or actually it not available yet?

They are two different apps, Jabber Voice is coloured with Green, Jabber is coloured with Blue.

This is because your Android version is 2.x
In fact, Play Store automatically hide applications that are not supported by your Android version.

Requires Android
4.0 and up

This requirement is only for installing the application in your Android device (doesn't mean it will work guaranteed, well.. I will say good luck in getting them register to your platform)

For more info, open this link on your desktop PC to view other compatibility info of Jabber for Android.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: