Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android connectivity issues

silvanjappert1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've recently deployed the Cisco Jabber for Android & Iphone clients.  It's still in the testing phase before i role it out to all our staff however i'm having some issues with the Android and registration/connectivity.

I seem to have to - on a daily basis go into my device on the CUCM and reset the device so that my jabber re-registers.  I've mostly noticed the issue when i'm in the office using wifi and moving around to different areas.  We have 3 Cisco AP's for our wireless with complete coverage everywhere however i'm not sure if it's the bouncing between AP's that is causing the system some confusion and eventually just not registerting.

A couple days ago I turned on the jabber on my way to work to test the SecureConnect - all went well, it was fine while I was in the office as well so it went from Mobile Network to Wifi with no issues, however after about an hour or so and walking around the office i get disconnected.  I can manually go back into the jabber client and connect the Directory Services, but not the client itself until I go into CUCM and reset the device.

Any input on troubleshooting/causes?  I looked at the admin guide under troubleshooting and one section pertains specifically to "Cisco Jabber registration drops frequently" however the possible fix is to create a dedicated SIP which I have done, and i've entered the same numbers tha the guide shows.

I've attached the Registration.txt document that the jabber client troubleshooter was able to download.

You will see near the end of the document the constant Intializing, Initialized, Disconnected - over and over and over.

i'm still trying to find some guys to test the iphone client consistantly, unfortunatly I need to depend on others as I only have the android and they haven't tested it enough to see if they are having the same issue.

I do have one other Android user that is testing and he seems to have the same issue.

6 Replies 6

silvanjappert1
Level 1
Level 1

I thought it may have been related to roaming around the various AP's in our office however this morning I turned off my wifi so that I was only connected using the SecureConnect and got the same results, after 30-60 mins I get disconnected and jabber won't re-register unless i do a reset device.

Hello Silvan,

Where you able to fix this issue?

I'm having the same problem but in my case I only get the Initializing and then Initialization failed status.

I have the exact same config on a different CUCM working ok and according to that I'm pretty confident my configuration is correct.

The only difference between the CUCM working and the one that is not is that the first one is running on MCS servers and the second one on UCS.

Hi Daniel,

I haven't solved the problem yet, I don't think.  I started changing around some of the SIP profile numbers yesterday and it was still happening, today however it seems to be a bit better.  Will try to do a bit more testing to see if that actually solved the issue.

My system is also running on a UCS.

jacob.dryer
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever figure out what was causing this?  We are having the same problem.

Hi,

Yes I did.  I ended up opening a TAC case with Cisco.

Essentially in our environment we have a Publisher and Subscriber (backup) server of CUCM and all other telephony services.  In CallManager Cisco advised me to create a new Device Pool that only had the Publisher Call Manager server and assign the jabber client to that device pool instead of the device pool with both the publisher and subscriber.  In the logs according to Cisco it was showing that the jabber client was trying to connect to the subscriber server and would time-out.

Only drawback is if the Pub server ever fails then jabber clients will all be disconnected as well as they won't fail over to the sub.

Hi Silvan,

I'm having the same problem with one Galaxy S3 mini, other Galaxy advanced phone works very stable. I don't know why.

I configured the sip profile for android phones with the timer recommended, I try both the sip profile default and the new one. In my case I don't have subscriber, CM server 8.6.2.

I have to stop jabber application in the phone and then start once again.

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: