cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android on Nexus 6

walshliam
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber for Android was working perfectly on my Nexus 6 with Android L 5.0, why has the public release dropped this phone? I went through the BETA program using this device, it is way more reliable than Jabber on my Samsung S5.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey, the 10.6 APK available on Cisco.com downloads can be installed on the Nexus 6 outside of the Google Play Store.  Annoying yes, but at least I have Jabber installed again. :)

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cisco Development team does rigorous testing with the phone models, and it is not possible to test with all models.

However, with 10.6 we are officially supporting a lot more phone models than the previous versions of Jabber client.

Thanks for the reply. In the google Play store, my Nexus 6 is listed as unsupported, so the download is no longer available. Can this be fixed?

Ohh that is unfortunate.

Could you share the exact version of Android installed on ur phone, kernel version, and a screen shot of the error?

I will follow this up

Android 5.0.1

Kernal Version3.10.40-g72dfced

Hey, the 10.6 APK available on Cisco.com downloads can be installed on the Nexus 6 outside of the Google Play Store.  Annoying yes, but at least I have Jabber installed again. :)

Thanks, I've done that now. Hope they can get the Play store sorted out soon, side loading is not optimal for an enterprise deployment.

Agreed, I'm hoping this issue doesn't extend to other Android L devices. 

I'm following up on this. Looking forward to get this sorted out.

Good Morning Nirmal, Any updates available on this issue? 

Hi Walshliam,

I'm sorry for the delay in response. IThe upcoming version J4A 10.6.1 will support nexus 6 

Regards

Nirmal Issac 

I bought a Nexus 6P and it's not working! I'm the Collaboration Engineer for my CO and Jabber Mobile is not working on my phone. Google Play says not supported!!!

it seems it has been taken off due to a bug i expected it to be available soon.please see below

https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-4903

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=197579

***Please rate all the useful posts***
-Prabath

Hi ,

I am facing the same issue with Jabber on Nexus 6P.  Will this be fixed anytime soon? I see this issue has persisted for quite some time.

Good Afternoon Nirmal, Any updates available on this issue? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: