I am having difficulty setting up the an Android device for Jabber. Here's where I am...
- CUCM 8.6.1, BOTxxxx device configured, DN configured and device associated (same set up for working iPhone 3GS)
- Device : Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000
- Jabber for Android client on Samsung Tab
- Can ping to CUCM from Samsung Tab (same subnet)
- Can browse to CUCM from Samsung Tab
- After entering the Jabber client I enter the BOTxxxx & CUCM IP
- Click verify
- ERROR "Please check your Internet Calling Settings and try again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator"
- On the CUCM the device remains unregistered
Since the setup wizard does not complte there is no option to look at any logs (one for the BU?).
I have managed to set up an iPhone 3GS so was hoping the Samsung would be just as easy.
Working from doc :
Many thanks for any help
Message was edited on April 19, 2013: Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).
Hi John, can you tell me what version of the client you are using? If you are using the version on the Market, I think you can create a TAC case on this by calling Cisco Support and officially creating a case. There is a short list of officially supported devices and the Galaxy Tab International is one of them. Thx.
I am using v8.6.4 from Market.
Just re-tried by configuring the CUCM to IP rather than hostname to dodge any DNS issue. Still unable to register the device.
Looks like it may be TAC......
Did you get anywhere with this problem? I have just downloaded the latest version and installed it on my Galaxy S2. Its all setup in CUCM and I have Iphones working fine, but I get the same error on my new (and first) Droid.