Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android

fuhdan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have an issue with my Jabber on Android. I have created a Link to configure Jabber. On Apple the link works as expected. The Jabber can register. But if I use the Link on an Android phone, it doesent open the jabber. It tries to open the Link on the Browser. I don't have a choice. Do I need an other Link or how can I force the Android to open the Link in Jabber?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

They should be same (iPhone and Android). Here are some reference example:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115_chapter_01110.html#CJAB_TK_U83324CA_00

Examples

• ciscojabber://provision?ServicesDomain=cisco.com

&VoiceServicesDomain=alphauk.cisco.com
  • ciscojabber://provision?ServicesDomain=service_domain
    &VoiceServicesDomain=voiceservice_domain&ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices=WEBEX
    &VoiceServicesDomain=alphauk.cisco.com&ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices=CUCM,CUP
    &VoiceServicesDomain=alphauk.cisco.com&ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices=CUCM,CUP
    &ServicesDomainSsoEmailPrompt=OFF

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Daniel,

Which version of Jabber for Android are you using and what are the device specifications? Looks like you are using a customized URL in this case, can you share some more details about the same.

Manish

Hi Manish

I use Jabber 11.5 on my Samsung Galaxy S6. I had the same issue on an older Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.

Yes I'm using a customized URL.

The Link is:

ciscojabber://provision?ServicesDomain=company.com&VoiceServiceDomain=company.local&ServiceDomainExcludedServices=WEBEX,CUP

The link works fine with iPad, iPhone or on a Mac

Daniel

Hi fuhdan,

Please help me with how to use this link  with my phone.

I want to use the link to exclude WEBEX services and I have the URL in notepad and do  not know how to use it on the phone.

Thanks.

Kayode

Hi

It's easy. Send you a mail with the link. 

On iPhon or iPad, jus click on the link. This will open Jabber and configure it. 

In Android, copy the link and paste it to FireFox. This will open the jabber and configure it. 

I hope that helps. 

Cheers Daniel

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

They should be same (iPhone and Android). Here are some reference example:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_5/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115/CJAB_BK_D00D8CBD_00_deployment-installation-guide-cisco-jabber115_chapter_01110.html#CJAB_TK_U83324CA_00

Examples

&VoiceServicesDomain=alphauk.cisco.com
  • ciscojabber://provision?ServicesDomain=service_domain
    &VoiceServicesDomain=voiceservice_domain&ServiceDiscoveryExcludedServices=WEBEX
    &ServicesDomainSsoEmailPrompt=OFF