Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPad phone services not working

Joe Bohelski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a user with an iPhone and iPad.  Jabber works fine, both IM and phone, on the iPhone.  However, the iPad wont connect to the phone services but IM is working ok.  I'm not at all familiar with iStuff, so don't know if it's an issue with the iPad or some other configuration setting problem.  Does the iPad require a separate device from the already configured TCT device for the phone be created in UCM for it to work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Joe,

Please make sure you select " jabber for tablet" as device once you configure ipad on cucm. if you use configure TCT , it will not work.

Also for ipad , you need to prefix TAB before the device name.

For eg , if you want to configure a tab for USER1 then configure jabber for tablet in CUCM with device name as TABUSER1. 

Also please make sure the sip profile assigned to ipad is correct.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

Which  phone services - softphone or deskphone or both are not getting connecting?

Is the login manual or automatic?

Are you able to open the CUCM and IM&P pages from the browser on iPad?

A jabber problem report can be collected after resetting jabber and logging in again to get some info about the issue.

HTH

Manish

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Joe,

Please make sure you select " jabber for tablet" as device once you configure ipad on cucm. if you use configure TCT , it will not work.

Also for ipad , you need to prefix TAB before the device name.

For eg , if you want to configure a tab for USER1 then configure jabber for tablet in CUCM with device name as TABUSER1. 

Also please make sure the sip profile assigned to ipad is correct.

Thanks, Varundeep.  That's all it was.  I didn't realize iPads and iPhones were configured separately in UCM.

great. refer below for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_6/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-ciscojabber-116/cjab_b_on-premises-deployment-ciscojabber-116_chapter_01110.html

Thank you so much for putting this in plain text so I could program quickly! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: