cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber for ipad "Cannot call the contact by the number or the URI"

Tweaked05
Level 1
Level 1

I get this message everytime I attempt to call a jabber account from the ipad.  I can receive calls from the very same account on the ipad, but I cannot initiate the calls.  Additionally, I have no issues initiating a call from the ipad to the Tandberg 1500 sitting on my desk.  Below is the full script of the error message.

"Cannot call the contact by the number or the URI.  Please make sure that the contact is online and the contact information is correct."

I believe that this is a configuration problem in the jabber client on the ipad itself, but I can't find any configuration options.  I also don't believe that the call is even leaving the ipad so there would be nothing in the debug to indicate the problem.

2 Replies 2

Tweaked05
Level 1
Level 1

This issue is ongoing.  I would greatly appreciate a response to my question above.  Thank you to anyone who can help.

Tweaked05
Level 1
Level 1

Well, I seem to have gotten this issue resolved.  It appears that the problem was with the Device Pattern string in Provisioning.  It resulted in false phonebook entries that were not registered with the VCS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: