cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPad with VCS expressway

DonStroud
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to figure out how to register an iPad with Jabber to a VCS expressway.  There isn't any TMS or anthing, just a simple VCS.  Has anyone done this, if so can you outline the steps.  I looked at the Jabber for iPad admin guide and it's doesn't really help.                  

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If this is a "Starter Pack Express" the jabber ipad client is currently not supported.

If its a standard VCS-C or VCS-E it would require TMS and enabled provisioning and a specifc

configuration for the jabbertablet version.

So with the current info you provided: no in this current deployment its not possible

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Not sure if you have access to the Bug Toolkit, but this will be addressed in the X7.2.1 release.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCub31927

Sorry,

I was reading this post and Im not clear about this:

If my customer has jabber for IPAD and several SX20 and one MCU. Can Jabber for ipad be registered to the VCS-E?? and SX20s to the VCS ??

If jabber clients are registered to the VCS-E? Do I need a VPN client on those IPADS?

Who is handle the MCU? the VCS?

this deployment is a kind of confuse because this customer already has avaya aura communication with session manager, but I read that integration with VCS can be done uysing SIP trunk so I think that is a not very issue ( Hope I right)

Thanks