Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Iphone/Android over AT &T LTE

Hi

Some users are not able to login into Jabber when connected to AT&T LTE. When connected over Wifi, everything works.

When the users try to connect over AT&T LTE I cannot see the attempts in the expressway and the users cannot open the address in the browser to check the connectivity.

I know it is strange but I cannot see any attempt by the users when they are connected over AT&T.

In the jabber logs, I can't see HTTP timeout.

Has anyone had this experience?

Best Regards

Peterson

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If that is specific to just one carrier, then you want to get on the phone with them to try to sort it out.

If you don't see any traffic at EXP-E, but you see the traffic being directed to it in a PRT, then it's something in the middle that's causing the issue.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

I'm assuming you have all the _collab-edge SRV records setup for external access? Do you have a multi-cluster or use some type of GEO-DNS?   What does the jabber logs show you when it does the SRV lookup for _collab-edge._tls.<domain>.  

Also, are you looking at diagnostic logs on the expressway-core and edge at the same time? 

Hello

MRA is working good. No issues
No Geo-DNS
No cluster

The unique issue is when some users using AT&T sometimes can't log in over MRA. The error is CONNECTION_TIMEOUT_ERROR

Peterson Cristovam
Professional Services Consultant
Logicalis, Inc.
O: 513-707-7010
peterson.cristovam@us.logicalis.com

www.us.logicalis.com<>

Business and technology working as one

[2018-CRNs]

Assuming the edge has a firewall in front of it, we've seen instances where certain nextgen firewall vendors built in geo-zoning for blocking geographic areas can sometimes include mobile provider LTE networks. It might be something good to check.

Ryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: