Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPhone force auto-connect

Daniel Gomez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does anybody know if it is possible to force Jabber for iPhone/iPad to connect to a wireless SSID network as soon as it is available?

We recently implemented Jabber and we are noticing that some times, users arrive to the office, where corporate SSID is available, but even if jabber is running on the background, it won't automatically reconnect to the network.

User will have to manually open the application and wait for Jabber to reconnect.

Is it possible to make this process automatic for the user?

Regards,

15 Replies 15

Hi

We have same issue with 9.1.2 cucm, latest jabber 10.6.2. Anyone solved this issue?

Hi everyone,

I have same issue with cucm 11.5, imp 11.5, and jabber 11.7 (iphone, android, ipad, and laptop).

Anyone solve this issue.

Ovindo,

Hi Ovindo,

I have noticed that there is a delay of almost 4-5 mins in reconnecting to the IM&P services after a network change/outage/reconnection.

In your case, does the client connect after some time? or it never connects?

Regards

Nirmal Issac

Hi Nirmal,

In my environment it takes around 20 till 30 second,

Try to use latest version of jabber app.

But I just realize new Bug, regarding Presence update.

Presence not updated when user use flight mode or doesn't have network (internet connection), presence still show that jabber user (that in flightmode) still in "Available" not "Offline".

And this bug already confirmed by Cisco TAC, now they working to solve this issue.

I think Cisco must solve this bug asap before Jabber user try to use other solution like Skype for Business.

regards,

Ovindo

Hi Ovindo,

Kindly share the bug ID. I would like to have a look at it.

Regards

Nirmal Issac

Hi Nirmal,

Here

Regards,

Ovindo 

Hi Ovindo,

I think you copied the URL too early. This is the SSO link. After a few seconds, the link changes to the bug link.

Regards

Nirmal Issac

ups sorry,

here

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur42026

Regards,

Ovindo

This is currently an enhancement request. If you want to push this, i would say you should contact your Cisco accounts team and explain the business impact, so that they can involve the product team and push this enhancement request.

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1

Could you confirm the version of Jabber being used, also the model of iPhone? When Jabber is running, it should re-connect automatically when network is available. I will confirm the behaviour in lab.

Daniel Gomez
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM version is 8.6.2.

Presence version is 8.6.4

Jabber for iPhone & iPad is 9.6.2

The issue is that if Jabber is running on iPhone's background, even if wireless connection is activated, it seems to disconnect. In order to reconnect, user has to manually open Jabber and wait for the connection to establish, especially to make calls.

The same applies when a user is running Jabber, he arrives from outside to the company and wireless reconnects to corporate SSID. Jabber won't automatically reconnect until user opens the app.

Regards,

hi

i faced same issue before and the solution for that is to upgrade to last version of 8.6. Check cisco website

Regards

What is the CUCM version you are running right now?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: