Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPhone & iPad 9.6 - COP

Daniel Gomez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was reading that in order to use the latest version of Jabber for iPhone & iPad 9.6, it is required to install a COP on the CUCM cluster.

Does anybody know if installing this COP would affect other applications (currently working) such as Jabber Voice?

I mean, what would happen for those users that won't upgrade to version 9.6 if I install the COP? would Jabber Voice still work?

I really appreciate any suggestions.

Regards.

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You only need COP file if you are on older version of CUCM. What version are you on?

Chris

We're running CUCM version 8.6.

Cisco Jabber Voice (the green logo one) works fine but according to the documentation I understand I need to upload the COP so new version 9.6 is activated.

Some users will be allowed to use the voice & video version (Cisco Jabber for iPhone & iPad) but some others should remain with Jabber voice only.

I'm afraid that upload the COP will make Cisco Jabber Voice to stop working.

Regards,

Hi,

We are running UCM System version: 9.1.2.10000-28, do we need those COP file ?

Regard,

ruimartins1000
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

What about a CUCM + IMP v10 deployment?

Do we need to upload these cop files for iOS:

COP files for iPhone and iPad  
copfiles_iOS96.zip?

From field experience I don't believe, but the documentation on Server Setup guide is not clear.

Thanks,

ruimartins1000
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Wih CUCM v10 I had to upload the Android COP files in order to be able to configure the Android devices in Secure mode. Otherwise you don't have the CAPF configuration on Device -> Phone.

with iOS i didn't test.

Rui

Nirmal Issac
Level 1
Level 1
The only purpose of the COP file is to add extra features and support new device types... For eg, old cucm versions do not have the device type for iPhone and iPad and the cop file adds them... It will not affect the functionality of voice clients
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: