Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iphone LDAP Search

Hello,

we are running jabber on iphone.

We have Cisco unified communication manager 8.6(2a) and Cisco unified presence 8.6.5

We configured jabber for iphone and everything works fine.

We also integrated cucm with active directory.

Jabber for windows correctly search contacts in ldap but jabber for iphone doesn't.

Can somebody help me in this issue?

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Giovanni

1 Reply 1

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you confirm whether you are using the latest version of jabber for iPhone which is 9.6; if thats the case from jabber for iPhone version 9.5 and onwards; we need to do special configuration in jabber for iPhone; you may want to refer to the following link for more information;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone_iPad/JABI_BK_I30346C6_00_installation-and-configuration-guide-for-iOS/JABI_BK_I30346C6_00_installation-and-configuration-guide-for-iOS_chapter_0111.html#CJAB_RF_D49B9A31_00

If you are already using a jabber-config.xml for jabber for windows; we still will use the same file  and just add the following extra (sample) portion of config to the same file;

< Directory>

<DirectoryServerType>BDI</DirectoryServerType>

<BDIPrimaryServerName>x.x.x.x</BDIPrimaryServerName>

<BDIPresenceDomain>test.com</BDIPresenceDomain>

<BDISearchBase1>DC=test,DC=com</BDISearchBase1>

<BDIUseJabberCredentials>True</BDIUseJabberCredentials>

</Directory>

Note the values above are coming from a test lab node; though you will need to know what the same would be in your case and try attempt a file edit accordingly.

-hth