cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPhone Licensing

CSCO10875923
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, my understanding is CUWL Pro would be required to enable Jabber for iPhone. My question is: Is CUWL Pro required only if I want the user to have two devices enabled at all times? For example, if they have CUWL STD today and use an IP Phone while in the office, then want to exclusively use an iPhone when out of the office does the licensing transfer?

Also, does this situation change for single number reach is enabled?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In Version 8.6, CUWL PRO is required to get Jabber Mobile.

While CUWL STD covers 2 devices, it doesn't include the Mobile client (iPhone, Android, or iPAD)

I havent done this, but there is a $150 Mobile-k9 SKU, which you might be able to add to CUWL STD so that it still only has 2 devices, but one of them is Mobile

I am an advocate for a licence model that allows me to be completly deskless but enjoy Jabber on Desktop and/or Mobile.

And since 9.0 is upon us, you should know that Cisco introduced new layers, where for less money you can get Jabber Mobile (CUWL Premium)..., but still not where I would have liked to see it in CUWL STD since (as you say) I only have 2 devices.  Noetheless, what they did is an improvement.