Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Iphone MRA via Expressway

rmckerrall1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have Jabber for Windows and Andriod successfully working with MRA. Jabber for Iphone is functioning on our internal network but not via MRA. When I look at the Expressway-E event logs, it seems like it is not even making a connection attempt. The jabber.log file shows the collab-edge srv is functioning.

I should also not that I am using a self signed certificate on the Expressway-E, which does not seem to be a problem for Windows or Android.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you see anything in the network logs about the connection??

You really should look into using at the very least a private CA, the best scenario is to use a public CA, at least, for EXP-E

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry I meant private CA, we are testing the solution at the moment which is why I have not purchased a public CA.

When I connected the Iphone to my home WIFI last night the cert was presented and I was able to connect via Expressway. After that, LTE was working as well...

Another strange issue - I have not been able to use Jabber phone services on my HTC One (not supported) on our internal network. Once I connected via Expressway the phone services began working. Lots of fun!

Thanks for the replies

More interesting stuff.

Iphone - after I successfully connected over home wifi and LTE, I connected to my work internal wifi. When I tried to switch back to LTE, it would no longer work until i connected back to my home wifi.

Android (Samsung) - Initially working both internal and external. When it reconnected to the internal network, IM services would not connect until a sign in/out was performed. After that, tried connecting to LTE, no services would connect.

Very inconsistent, has anyone experienced these issues?

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since you are using a self signed certificate on the Expressway-E please try installing the ROOT CA on iPhone and try to login again.