cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iPhone - 'Use Mobile Network' Failure

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm setting up Jabber for iPhone (ver 8.6.4.18561 on IOS 5.1, with CUCM 8.6.2.20000-2).

I'm unable to get the transfer to mobile function 'Use Mobile Network' to work when on a call. We are using the 'mobility softkey' method rather than the handoff DN.

What I've done:

- Created a TCT device with a line shared with a desk phone

- Set the associated remote ID to the GSM number with 9 prefix

- set owner/mobility user (and checked mobility on the end user)

- assigned a softkey template with mobility included

The result of this is that SNR (i.e. dialling the deskphone) forks the call out to GSM if Jabber is not running. If jabber is running and connected, it rings jabber over VoIP.

If I answer the call and hit the 'send to mobile' button, it fails after around 25 seconds. It simply reverts to the call...

Anyone seen this?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vindoan2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

By 'Use Mobile Network' I am assuming that you want to transfer the VoIP call to GSM using the Mobility Softkey on the iPhone.  There are a couple of defects that you should be aware of when using this functionality:

1) CSCtu15500 - Call drop after user handoff VoIP call to mobile using Anyconnect (VPN)

2) CSCty91386 - Client can't handle send-to-mobile message

Workarounds:  For the first defect, if you are using AnyConnect (VPN), please try transfer to mobile, with out using VPN.  The the second defect, you must use the US English as the User Locale.

HTH,

--Vincent

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to ask the obvious question: Does the transition to mobile work if initiated from the Mobility button of a desk phone? Are we facing a mobile connect issue or a Jabber issue here?

Hi Jonathan

Yes, it works fine from desk phones.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi All,

I had exactly this issue with Jabber iPhone 9.6 and changing the locale from UK to US solved the issue.

Does everyone else see this behaviour with 9.6? - surprised that this issue still exists two years after Aaron's post

ribola
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have the same problem, with same version of CUCM and Jabber.

Lorenzo

vindoan2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

By 'Use Mobile Network' I am assuming that you want to transfer the VoIP call to GSM using the Mobility Softkey on the iPhone.  There are a couple of defects that you should be aware of when using this functionality:

1) CSCtu15500 - Call drop after user handoff VoIP call to mobile using Anyconnect (VPN)

2) CSCty91386 - Client can't handle send-to-mobile message

Workarounds:  For the first defect, if you are using AnyConnect (VPN), please try transfer to mobile, with out using VPN.  The the second defect, you must use the US English as the User Locale.

HTH,

--Vincent

Hi Vincent

I had a TAC case open for this one. It was the second defect, and switching to US did the trick.

Of course, it took weeks to reach that conclusion :-)

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: