Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for iphone with anyconnect

Abdenacer SMAIL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I had to install Jabber with CUP 8.6 and it works good , after that I will use it with asa and anyconnect from

outside network , can lauch Jabber only for connect directely with anyconnect or did I must connect

in first step anyconnect and second step launch Jabber

Thank you for your reply

Abdenacer

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Jabber for iPhone can start the VPN automatically, but ONLY if you are using certificate based authentication.

If you are using username/password authetnication for the VPN, then you will need to start AnyConnect and connect the VPN first.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Jabber for iPhone can start the VPN automatically, but ONLY if you are using certificate based authentication.

If you are using username/password authetnication for the VPN, then you will need to start AnyConnect and connect the VPN first.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron, thank you for your answer, just to be sure to have understood , if the authenfication basé from

certificate when I launch the Cisco Jabber the VPN also go up or is it the anyconnect to start the connection

for Jabber

Regards

Abdenacer

Hi

Jabber has the capability to trigger the VPN on-demand feature of AnyConnect - so if you use certs for client auth, and follow all the steps correctly it will automatically connect.

It's documented here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps5708/ps5709/ps6120/guide_c07-717020.pdf

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: