cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for MAC 12.5 cmd+w closes all active chats instead of just the active one.

Rune Stene
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

We have startet internal testing of Jabber for MAC 12.5 and it seems to be a bug.

In earlier versions we have used CMD+W to close only one chat, but now in 12.5 it closes all active chats.

It is working in Jabber for Windows 12.5, there Windowskey+W only closes the active chat.

Regards Rune Stene

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for sharing. Has TAC given you a defect ID for this yet? If not, please share it when you get it (and tell them to mark it public).

No TAC defect ID yet.
I am not able to registrer the case directly, I need to go trough our Cisco Partner, and I have asked them to report it to TAC. Will give give defect ID here if/when I get it.

//rune

FWIW: If your company is paying for normal/traditional SMARTnet you have direct entitlement to call TAC. The only time a partner gets to play gatekeeper (no pun intended) is if your company bought the slightly cheaper [expletive] “collaborative care” offerings where the partner is financially incentiviated to prevent a certain percentage of cases from escalating to TAC. In the latter scenario you just have to hold their feet to the fire.

This issue is now registrered with TAC, and we have provided them with Jabber logs. Both for ver 12.5 with this bug, and for ver 12.1 where this is working correctly.
Will update here when TAC have a conclusion.

Hello.

Just got respons back from Cisco TAC.

They forwarded question to BU, and got following reply.

As per BU, this is the current design due to involve WebEx Teams mode in Jabber.

Mac behavior deemed the correct one, Windows client may follow Mac’s behavior. Since this is a design decision, you or Cisco Account Team may reach out to Product Management team if this behavior need to be changed.

As far as I know this behaviour breaks with Mac OSX UI design rules. And if they do this to the windows client as well, then they will break Windows UI design guides also.

I will reach out to the Product Management team trough our Cisco contact/partner.

Hope that more of you do the same, so Cisco get multiple requests on this imho wrong behavour.

//rune

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: