cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 10.6 - changes to jabber-config.xml not applied

samuel.rey
Level 1
Level 1

I have successfully created a jabber-config.xml file and placed on our TFTP server.  I know the XML file works on an initial user login and profile creation as the values I set that are not default are visible in Jabber.  When an existing user start Jabber the values I specified in the XML file are not applied.  Does Jabber only check the XML on the initial login and then caches it in the profile?  How can I modify settings for existing users?  Furthermore, how can get any changed values in the XML file applied to the Jabber user.  It seems the only instance that the XML file is in effect is when a user first logs in.  Any ideas?

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, just as a phone, it goes and looks at the files during bootup, same thing, it will only go and try to retrieve the .xml when you login. If you do changes, they need to logout, and log back in to retrieve the new file, no way around that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That is what I would expect but logging out, exiting out and then logging back in doesn't seem to have any effect. If I delete the files in the user profile then have the user login, it will read and set the values successfully. What am i missing?

I guess it depends a bit on the Jabber version. older version chached mostly the config and in that case the best way was to delete the profile from your PC. To do that just go to windows explorer %appdata%\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber and delete the CSF Folder.

Since version 11 it is updated when you login. Not sure if you just can re-login or if you close Jabber completely befor login again.

Eike 

Nope.  The only way the client gets any changes is if I first delete the cached Jabber files on the client machine.

On a windows machine the files are located at one of the paths below:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber

You may be experiencing the same behavior.  Try it out.

I am seeing the same thing.  Did you find a fix?  I am using Jabber 11.5 with all 11.0 CUCM/CUPS servers.  

I am seeing the exact same thing. We are running Jabber 11.5.2 (the latest client on the server). We made a change this weekend to the jabber-config.xml file on all the TFTP servers and restarted the TFTP service.

The change is not picked up by the clients unless we delete the CSF directory. Reset Jabber doesn't even redo it.

This is not the way the jabber-config is advertised, or should work.

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

Did you ever find a fix for this? 

Nope.  The only way the client gets any changes is if I first delete the cached Jabber files on the client machine.

On a windows machine the files are located at one of the paths below:

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber

You may be experiencing the same behavior.  Try it out.