cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 11.1 and Multi-party chat screen sharing?

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Can a multiparty chat have screen sharing in JFW 11.1 ?  I want to share a Word doc with 5 people on screen.

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just tried in my lab, 11.x on all servers/client, on-prem, and it worked in a group chat I just created, it should also work on persistent chat.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hi Jaime,

Does it require any special configuration & does it use PVDM's ?

Regards

Have you also tested up to 10 users to share desktop? This supposed to be new feature, but user complains that it is still limited with 6 users only.

Lukas

Refer this section and Persistent chat room settings for the number of users to join in a chat room. I hope this will help.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_0/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110/CJAB_BK_D657A25F_00_deployment-installation-guide-jabber-110_chapter_01110.html#CJAB_RF_P5B96C5D_00

Regards

Lavanya

Thank you Lavan for your input, but set-up is like this. 

Our Jabber is running in cloud, WebEx Connect, new versin 11.1 brings possibility to share desktop in group chat up to 10 people, it is promoted from Group Chat, no persistant chat. 

Let me know your thougts.

Lukas

Hi Lukas

Are you able to check and enable the persistent chat on CUCM IM&P configuration ? 

Regards

Lavanya

Hello Lavanya, 

in our envinronement we do NOT use CUCM IM&P (meaning on-premise solution), we have cloud solution for IM using jabber called WebEx Connect. This solution does not allow to create persistant chat, but allow to create group chat, classic group chat.

In group chat people can chat and also share desktop in IM mode. New version brings extended supportibility up to 10 people, but we are able to do it only with 6, then it is greyd-out. Question is if somebody has experience with this?

Hello Lukas

I can understand your setup. I need the following information from you.. I guess you are using JFW 11.1 and  Which CUCM IM&P version are you using ?  In a group chat, does chat work fine for 10 people? what happens if you keep adding 10 people in to the group without sharing?  whether that works?   Also can you share any screen shots if possible when getting error or greyed-out.?

Regards

Lavanya

Hello Lavanya!

Thank you for reply!

But I need to say once again, we do NOT use CUCM IM&P, but WebEx messenger as cloud solution for Jabber. We have JFW 11.1, group chat for 10 people works, even more, screen sharing for 6 people works fine, for 7-10 does not work. No error, just it is grey-ed out.

Lukas

Hi Lukas

Thanks for sharing the details.
This was introduced in JFW 10.5 and as per the document only up to 5 is supported.  

Since you are using JFW 11, I just now checked it should allow 10. It comes under new features in 11.0 so it means they’ve increased it.

IM Only Share: Groups of 10— You can now share your screen from an IM with groups of up to 10 Cisco Jabber for Windows users.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/11_0/RN/JABW_BK_C5E7828C_00_cisco-jabber-windows-11-release-notes.html

I would suggest you to raise a TAC case to get this working.

Regards

Lavanya

+5 Java!
I don't know what do you have in your brain to have such great analysis of questions in order to provide pertinent answers! That answers a question a customer just asked me about.
Cheers.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: