cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 11.5 and Unity Connection - german special characters in password

Rene Mueller
Level 5
Level 5

We are running Jabber for Windows 11.5.2 and using Unity Connection 10.5.2. Whenever a user uses a password with german special characters (ä,ö,ü), Jabber is not able to connect to Unity Connection. Everything else works fine. We also are having this issue in 10.6 releases. In the Voicemail Tab it says that username or password is wrong. We can reproduce the issue...

btw. it is also not working in the current jabber for iOS release!

Does somebody know if this is a bug or experiencingthe same problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm merely making the point that using special German characters causes a lot of problems, in lots of places, all over CUCM and IM&P and you should avoid them.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jabber has always had a lot of problems using special german characters, you want to stay away from them

Softphone feature does not work with certian German special characters
CSCur06927
CSCub62789    Jabber for Windows status update with special characters 
HTH

java

Hi Jaime, I cannot find anything about Bug CSCub62789. Do you have more Details to this bug?

The bug is internal, that's all I can share here, found another one

CSCuq83589    Jabber login through CCMCIP with non-ASCII characters fails 

Found plenty of problems with german characters, in CUCM, Jabber and IM&P, you want to avoid them.

HTH

java

Hey Jaime, can you please tell me a bit more about Bug CSCub62789? What does the password from a user has to to with a jabber status update?

I'm merely making the point that using special German characters causes a lot of problems, in lots of places, all over CUCM and IM&P and you should avoid them.

HTH

java

Jaime, thanks for the Feedback

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: