cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 12.5 shows JID instead of Display Name when setting UDS as the Directory source.

Ciscollab_Amit
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Guys,

I am trying to set up UDS as a Directory source in User Service Profile for J4W. JID is set to default userid@domain in CUCM-IMP and Directory uri in CUCM LDAP Directory is set to msRTCSIP attribute. J4W client login is working fine but the directory search on Jabber resolves to Contact's JID instead of the Name. Also the logged in user is displayed as userid@domain which clearly shows the UDS Directory is not working.

_cisco-uds._tcp.domain.com is pointing to the correct UDS (CUCM) server from the client PC.

However, when the directory is set to LDAP, the directory works perfectly fine with correct resolution. 

Maybe I am missing to see something in the Jabber PRT? Could someone suggest some hint about this issue?

In Jabber Diagnostics-Tool it says that the Home UDS Not Found. When I try to access the home uds URL https://hostname:8443/cucm-uds/user/<user-id>, I get a HTTP 403 error with a message  "Access to the requested resource is denied." I believe I know the root cause but do not know the resolution to it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Amit

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The UDS DNS SRV record is only used for Service Discovery. Once logged in Jabber uses the Service Profile assigned to the user to determine the contact source. Is that set to use UDS and is the UDS Network Service started on all nodes in the cluster?

Yes, the Service Profile is created with use UDS as a Directory checked. Network services are up. I can fetch the UDS version though via http request.

Cheers,
Amit

I found the solution to my own problem. There was a misconfiguration on my LDAP search(new UDS Proxy feature in cucm 12.x). I just disabled that search and everything works fine now. But for sure I will give it a try for Expressway MRA logins.

But maybe if someone has already has experienced this with Windows 7 SP1 64-bit client, Jabber Version 12.0.1 and 12.1.1 doesn't display some options(Connection Status and Failure Information) under Settings->Help Menu. I installed another Windows 10 64-bit client and it worked fine. If someone in @ciscotac would like to give it a try ad confirm if this is a bug?

Thanks.