Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows 9.2.2 (3271) lost contact pictures

I upgraded to v9.2.2 (from an earlier 9.2) and all of my contact photos went away.  Our photos are stored in AD and I did clear the local client photo cache.  What gives?

3 Replies 3

mcibanez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Timothy,

I was trying to setup contact photos with Jabber for Windows 9.2.2 (using UDS, photos stored in a web server) and it was not working.

I was thinking that it was something related to localization but after reading your post I tried an earlier version (9.1.5) and photos were showing properly, so it seems to be a bug in this version. Also in 9.2.3, where it doesn't work either.

Do you know if it is a documented bug? I had a look to the bug toolkit and found nothing about it.

Thanks,

Carmen

I also upgraded to 9.2.3 and still have the same issue.  I'm forced to leave the rest of the organization on earlier versions until this is fixed.  I haven't had a chance to open a support case yet, but if you figure it out, let me know.  I'll do the same.

-Tim

Hi Timothy,

I've installed Jabber in a new laptop and I can see photos right now.

It's same Jabber version, same user and the only difference I can see, apart from being a new laptop, is that the Operating System is 64 bits...

If you want to give it a try... Maybe a new installation where Jabber was never before fixes the issue for you too. I know that this is not a great solution but maybe it can help us know where the problem is.

I'll do a bit more testing with my colleagues and let you know if I find out anything else

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: