Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - add contact problem

a.klessa
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i am using Jabber for Windows version 9.1.

in my network we have an Active Directory Forest with a 5 Domains.

the problem I experiance is that I can add to my contact list in Jabber some users, let say from 4 Domains.

but I cannot add users from 1 Domain.

I can find those users in Jabber, can click Add, and the user just for an eye blink appears on a Contact List and disappears.

the same is with User Web Page, I clik Add user and the user appears on a Jabber Contact List and disappears.

are there any AD security which could deny adding a user to a Jabber?

best

Aleksander

5 Replies 5

harris.h
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Are these users you are trying to add licenced on the cups server?

Also do you have them added as contacts in outlook this can cause confusion.

Just a couple of things to check.

the users i am trying to add are licensed on the cups server.

the users are not in the contacts in the outlook.

I got the same problem. If I use j4w 9.1.1 with CUCM8.6.2 and CUP8.6.4 it works but change it to register with CUCM9.1.1 and CUP9.1.1 cause the contact blink appears on a Contact List and disappears.

Joshua Sandi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Right now it seems like this is not supported as of yet, not even in Jabber 9.1, try to check out this bug CSCua20688

Hope this helps.

Josh.

I think this is not the jabber client problem because j4w 9.1.1 working fine with CUCM8.6.2 and CUP8.6.4.

Maybe the compatibility issue between j4w9.1.1, CUCM 9.x and IM&P 9.x.

I have to PoC jabber 9.x to customer in Jan 2013 and this will be the serious problem from user perspective.

Regards,

Tinnakorn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: