cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows- Away status on locked PC

jmachiggins
Level 1
Level 1

I have been told that Jabber for Windows should be aware of when a PC hase been locked and set it's status to Away.  Is that true?  If it is has anyone had issues where this fails to happen?  I have a client with a recent install of Jabber with CUPS and they are not getting this automatic status adjustment.

Thanks!

Justin

7 Replies 7

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This is a known issue which is being investigated by team at the moment. A defect is not yet available for tracking.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

Was there ever a defect raised for this? We still find this an issue many Jabber versions later... Was wondering if there was a bug to followup on?

Cheers!

TexasBrandon
Level 1
Level 1

Just to make sure and cover all grounds.  The option to set the status as away when the computer is locked is checked on their client correct?  It should be checked by default but I would check that just to make sure since it is quick and easy to verify.

Yes it's checked  on all clients as far as I know.  But it seems this is a known issue?

Sorry I can't help much more than that.  Out of all of us engineers here at my company, none of us have that problem.  Hopefully they can resolve that known issue for you.

VLT06
Level 3
Level 3

Yep, same issue here.....

For me, this seems to happen if the Jabber client has not been restarted for a couple of days... For those that do not restart their PC's for a couple of days or more, the "Away" and "Ctrl+Alt+Del" just simply fails.

In saying that, the phone presence and calendar presence still works good.

I am assuming that there is something that tells the client when this occurs and then to pass on to the CUPS server however must stall after a period of time. We have used all clients up to 9.1 and all act the same. Rather frustrating!!!

Have logged with TAC but still no idea.

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

This happens most often when returning from a locked workstation and/or if I change sites on my laptop... for example, if I lock the workstation and put my laptop in standby then move from my corporate building to my hospital building, when I resume it's always stuck in Away status.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: