cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - Chat Window Screen Pop

joshua.gertig
Level 1
Level 1

I don't seem to see any way to configure the Jabber client so that the chat window pops up in front on a new chat (or any chat for that matter). I see where I can set it to play sounds when chats are received, but not actually pop up.

We had problems with CUPC as well, where it would pop up, but behind any open windows (kind of useless). This has been one of our biggest complaints from users.

Is there a way to do this and if not, is it on the roadmap?

Thanks,

Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Bud,

I have an update from our Dev team. The IM Alert feature will be available in future release, currently no ETA, however, it'll look somewhat similar to the screenshot below:

I am sure, this'll definately provide the functionality which the end users are looking forward to !!

Best Regards,

Jas

View solution in original post

50 Replies 50

Jasmeet Sandhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Josh,

Currently there is no such option which we can configure to have the IM pop up.

Since this is something which the end users really want, I'll research to see if there is an enhancement request already and if need be we can request for one.

Regards,

Jas

Hey Bud,

I have an update from our Dev team. The IM Alert feature will be available in future release, currently no ETA, however, it'll look somewhat similar to the screenshot below:

I am sure, this'll definately provide the functionality which the end users are looking forward to !!

Best Regards,

Jas

Jas, this would be perfect, particularly the checkbox at the bottom "Bring new chat windows to the front". Very cool, thanks.

Hey Josh,

If the post answered your question, please go ahead and mark it as solution and don't forget to rate.

Going forward, whenever there is an update to this feature, I'll update this thread.

Regards,

Jas

Sorry Jas, thought I had done this. I clicked "Correct Answer" and rated again. Thanks again for your help, and I look forward to your updates.

No worries. Thanks for updating it.

Will keep you posted.

Have a good week

Hi all,

I've just been asked for the same feature by a new potential customer that we have deployed a proof of concept, is there any idea of a time-line when the feature will be included into the client?

Regards,

Mike.

Take a look here:

https://communities.cisco.com/thread/31845?start=15&tstart=0

Looks like the option is comming in Version 10.5

I have version 10.5 and there is still no option to bring new chat messages to the front.  There is a notification that comes up quickly and then goes away, but you need to be looking at your screen or you will miss it.

Folks,

I am looking back to see this question goes back over 4 years.  I am not aware of any option within the settings of a Windows Cisco Jabber Client that would allow it to produce a pop-up window in front of any other windows on a windows desktop when a new message is received.

Am I missing something in the settings or...

Has Cisco been unable/unwilling to fix this after 4 + years?

Any update on an ETA for the "Bring new chat windows to top" feature?  I'm not seeing it in the 9.1 EAP, so I'm guessing we've still got to wait a while before we might see this?

-Scott

Hi there,

I just ran across this thread as we're considering moving to Jabber (from Lync) but we need special alert options.

For Lync, we use an add-on called Super Toast http://www.modalitysystems.com/software/super-toast and it gives our users a pop-up alert for IM's in the middle of their screen that doesn't go away until they do something with it.

We even worked with Modality to customize it and make it bigger and custom for our company.

I need something like that for Jabber.  Does anyone know of a product like that?

Thanks,

Christie

We are still in need of this feature, two years talking about this, and still no solution?

Hi,

In the 10.5 release scheduled for late summer we will be including visual notifications for IMs which will address the missed chat issue.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: