cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for windows Client not displaying correct status

Chris Carlson
Level 4
Level 4

So i have this issue where some users running windows 7 64bit jabber version 11.0.0 build 65527 do not always display the latest status on a client's desktop. For instance 

User A logs off for the day.

User B still see's them as available.

When user B exits jabber and logs back on it updates the status all the while in the presence viewer in cucm it displays the correct status it is just that the client is not getting the update.

CUCM 10.5.2.10000-5

Presence -  10.5.2.22900-2

Thanks,

9 Replies 9

Ryan Huff
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Chris,

I'd like to walk you through a few steps, just to make sure we've covered everything. For the impacted users, can you verify;

• The user's line in the CSF device configuration is assigned to the correct end user
  • The CSF device confiuration's "Owner User ID" is set to the correct user
  • The End User's "Controlled Devices" list shows the CSF device name
  • The "allow Control of Device from CTI" checkbox is enabled for the end user
  • The end user has the "Standard CTI Enabled" permissions group
  • Verify that the end user account appears in the User Management -> Assigned Presence Users

If after all the above is verified and the presence is still not correctly updating for these users, you should consider scheduling a maintenance window to restart the SIP trunk between CUCM and CUCM-IM&P (located in the Trunk section of CUCM). At the same time, you should also restart the Cisco Presence Engine and Cisco SIP Proxy services for all the IM&P nodes under the Cisco Unified IM and Presence Serviceability page of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence server.

Please let me know the results!

Thanks,

Ryan

(: ... Please rate helpful posts ... :)

Yes i have done all of that before. 

Thank you.

Can you pull the PRT logs for one of the impacted users and upload to this thread? In the meantime, for one of the impacted users, I would like you to try something.

• Goto the Assign Presence Users section in Communications Manager and unassign the impacted user
  • Remove the the UC profile from the user's end user account and save it
  • Add the UC profile back into the user's end user account and save it
  • Go back to the Assign Presence Users section in Communications Manager and assign the user presence capabilities again

Does this correct the issue for the user?

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks Ryan I have tried that too. With no luck.

I will not attach a prt report do to privacy concerns.  Thank you though.

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. The PRT log is really the only way to determine if the issue is due to the presence service or if the Jabber client itself is having issues.

If it's the matter of this being a public forum, let me know and you can dropbox it to me. Outside of that my final thoughts are;

• Schedule a window to reboot all the IM&P nodes
  • Unassign ALL presence users and disable Presence HA (if used)
    • Re-enable HA and re-assign all users
  • Verifiy that the PC/Labtops of the impacted clients are not 'double-natted' between the Jabber client and CUCM/IMP Nodes (i.e If Jabber runs in a VM on a laptop, make sure the VM is brigged to the host, not natt'ed to the host).
  • Make sure all CUCM and IMP nodes are at an NTP stratum of 3 or better (Sync the pub to a Strat 2 and the subs to the pub ... etc)

Without a PRT log there isn't much else I can do for you unfortunately. You may want to start a TAC case for this; although I can assure you they will also come to the point of asking for PRT logs.

Thanks,

Ryan

We are seeing this issue in Jabber for Windows 11.5.X.

CUCM: 11.0.1.20000-2
CUPS: 11.0.1.10000-6

Any news and any fix?

/K

we have interment issues with this every now and then.

we have the same cups and cucm version with 11.6 jabber for windows. i have opened TAC tickets before with no resolution. it just comes and goes now and then with no explanation.

Hi Chris,

Which version of CUPS do you run?

We have just updated to v.: 11.0.1.11900-4 

Lets wait and see if this version have the issue.

But it have been an ongoing issue, in several versions of CUPS and J4W.

Hi skirk

i just upgrade staible  cups cluster  from 11.0.1.1000 to 11.0.1.11900-4  as HA mode and the engine services stuck in starting mode in ths cup-sub.

after a while the cup-pub engine service also stuck.

the HA in 11.0.1.11900-4 version looks like with a bug...

shoham

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: