Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - contacts not showing

Nicolas Mansour
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

We are trying out the new Jabber for Windows version 9.0.3 with CUPS 8.6.4.10000-28, so far we were able to integrate via both UDS and EDI.

Our problem is that whenever we try to add any contact, the user is shown in the group and dissapears instantly.

I searched in CUPS under the end user, the contact was added. If I sign out from Jabber then sign in, the contact is still not show from Jabber's UI and in addition to that the contact was removed from the CUPS under end user page.

Note that the we are mapping the "sAMAccountName" from LDAP to the "telephoneNumber" from CUCM.

You can check the jabber-config config below (using UDS):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<config version="1.0">

<Client>

</Client>

<Directory>

<DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>

</Directory>

<Policies>

<Screen_Capture_Enabled>true</Screen_Capture_Enabled>

<File_Transfer_Enabled>true</File_Transfer_Enabled>

<Disallowed_File_Transfer_Types>.exe;.msi;.rar;.zip;.mp3</Disallowed_File_Transfer_Types>

<Video_Disabled>false</Video_Disabled>

</Policies>

<CUCM>

<PhoneService_UseCredentialsFrom>presence</PhoneService_UseCredentialsFrom>

</CUCM>

</config> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Any help will be greatly appreaciated.

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mal-smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nick,

We had this issue to and I think our fix was that you had to make sure the user was licensed to CUPS in the capabilities assignment on CUCM.

Unfortunately not at work so can't confirm but try that.

Cheers

Mal

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mal-smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nick,

We had this issue to and I think our fix was that you had to make sure the user was licensed to CUPS in the capabilities assignment on CUCM.

Unfortunately not at work so can't confirm but try that.

Cheers

Mal

Hi Mel,

Many thanks.

But the weird thing is after i enabled the user in CUCM, I was able to add other non assigned users as well and they would show up even if i signed in again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: