Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

jabber for windows desktop sharing to 89xx and 99xx

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to share desktop from jabber for windows to ip video phone like 8945, 9971.

Video call was ok but desktop sharing to these video phones didn't work.

Note that I can share my desktop to other jabber for windows and I had tried to configure new SIP profile(enable bfcp)

and atteched this profile to 8945,9971 but still not work.

Has anyone tried this before please advice?

Regards,

Tinnakorn

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

5 Replies 5

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Same issue I could only get it to work with EX end points but not 9900 phones. It comes down to BFCP negotiation and I don’t think these phones can do it.

Thanks

Srini

Hi Srini,

I also think it is BFCP problem, thank you for sharing information.

Regards,

Tinnakorn

Yeah maybe the use case of seeing presentation on a phone screen isn't that important

Thanks

Srini

Hi,

Just to confirm, the 8900 and 9900 phones do not support BFCP. Having said that, as a potential workaround if a 8900 or 9900 phone and a Jabber for Windows client all join a conference on a Cisco TelePresence MCU, since the MCU supports BFCP the MCU will allow participants without BFCP support to see the desktop share from the Jabber for Windows client. In other words, to quote from the datasheet, "participants with no content support can receive transcoded content in main video."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11305/ps11317/ps11341/data_sheet_c78-627482.html

Regards,

David

Thanks, yes confirmed that through a MCU, the content will show just fine

Srini