Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows HD Video not working

Hi,

I have been trying to get HD video to work between two Jabber (in on premise mode) endpoints using Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000 webcams. Video works fine, but the quality is definitely not 720p. I have set my region (there is only one on my test system) to allow up to 10000 kbps of video bandwidth.

what else do I need to do to enable HD video? the endpoints are on the same LAN next to each other, so I can't see how this is a bandwidth issue.

3 Replies 3

coflaher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try increasing the bandwidth region to 14000 kbps.

Hi there,

I'm not certain that increasing the region or location would help. There currently is an issue with HD video when using the Logitech 9000 which may also be an issue with the MS Lifecam HD 3000.

From the admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg.pdf

Cameras

Cisco Jabber for Windows has been tested with the following camera:

Microsoft LifeCam 6000

Tandberg Precision HD devices

Logitech Pro 9000, Cisco VTIII, - resouition up to VGA.

I have confirmed that when using a Cisco (Logitech 9000) that I can only transmit at VGA resolution.

I have also confirmed that when using a Cisco branded (Tandberg) precision HD webcam that I can transmit and receive HD video.

So it might be software and camera combo. I am hoping that 9.1 will enable 720p video with the Logitech 9000.

Hope this helps.

This helped me as well.

I were using a Logitech 9000 and could only get VGA resolution even though i had allowed for sufficient bandwidth in the region settings. I switche to a Cisco HD webcam, it worked. Thanks!

I hope this will be fixed soon, the Logitech webcam is capable of HD resolutions as well.