Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - Method of Operation

All, 

With Jabber for Windows Phone When We use for calls, we have enabled phone icon (image Calls_Enable.png) but File-> Options without video option (file File_Options_3.png). 

When we use Computer for calls, we have File-> Options Video option enabled (File_Options_2.png file) but calls for disabled icon (file Calls_Disable.png). 

See all attached files That I Mentioned.

My question is about the method of operation. If by design Jabber will only allow video When in softphone mode, how do I perform a video call then? Could anyone help me understand how the Jabber for Windows operate? Is there a user guide that helps?

Thanks,

Luciane de Medeiros

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.0.2 Release Notes

• As  of this release, Cisco Jabber for Windows supports video  desktop sharing in software phone mode only. Video desktop  sharing is not available in desk phone mode.
  • http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_rn_chapter_01.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
    Cisco Employee
    Cisco Employee

Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.0.2 Release Notes

• As  of this release, Cisco Jabber for Windows supports video  desktop sharing in software phone mode only. Video desktop  sharing is not available in desk phone mode.
  • http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_rn_chapter_01.html

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hello, Java.

My problem was all long time the register of Jabber. I had configured as ECPusername. I'd Configure CSFusername and it is work.

Thank you!

Luciane de Medeiros

Interesting, I just replied another thread on which the question was about using CSF vs ECP in device name. Theory says it should work either way, but you're telling me you had problems that way.

In my lab I use CSF, I'll lab up a couple of users with the other naming convention and see if I face any issues.

At least with CSF all my jabber features and configs from the .xml are fine.

HTH

java

chukkaedovia
    Level 1
    Level 1

Hi

I actually have this same issue ( as described by Luciane Batista) but i have jabber 9.0.5 for windows running.

CUPS : System version: 8.6.4.11900-1

CUCM: System version: 8.6.2.22900-9

Please can you help.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: