Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows not able to dial out

cvanitterbeeck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've been installing Jabber for Windows (with WebEx connect IM from the Cloud - so no presence Server) with integration with the Communication Manager 8.6.

I'm trying to make external calls via the communication manager, but all of the calls are failing, i've checked the chapter concerning the dial plan mapping but it doesn't seem to be related to "dial plan"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_0_1/b_jabber_win_icg_chapter_0100.html#concept_F752432E9F06485EA773F8095CD7EEA5

I've configured a route pattern in the CUCM which match perfect my mobile number and it works from a softphone or hard phone.

I've also configured some application dial rules for the dial out from the "applications" but it doesn't seem to help.

Anyone have an idea what I'm missing there?

Regards

Christophe

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

6 Replies 6

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Christophe,

This community does not provide technical support and is not staffed with technical support experts. I recommend you post this and future technical support questions to the Cisco Support Community (https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa) where our Cisco technical support experts provide assistance. Another option is to open a ticket with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/go/support) to get expert assistance.

We do encourage you to participate in the Cisco Collaboration Community and to also join our Cisco Collaboration User Group program!  In the community, we encourage your discussion/sharing around collaboration topics and Cisco Collaboration Solutions, including business and IT requirements, industry trends, process, culture/organization issues, how collaboration can be used to transform businesses, vendor selection, adoption, training, architecture, licensing, and product features/functionality. If you are a customer or partner, you can also join the user group program to be eligible for member-only events and influence product direction.

We hope to hear from you again.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

chadreynolds
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Christophe,

Please make sure you are abiding your current dialing rules with CUCM (i.e. - 9 to dial out).  Also, please make sure you are using the correct IP address to your CUCM's TFTP server (IP address of your CUCM node) in Jabber for Windows.  I have the exact same solution deployed within my company and little to no configuration was needed.  Please ping me over private messsage if you want some further assistance since this is the wrong area for support.

Regards,

Chad

Hi Chad,

I have one problem with my 6945 phone. The Jabber rings for incoming calls but the phones rings only once and then goes to voice mail. Would you please help on this.

Hi Suresha,

It sounds like the 6945 is forwarding to voicemail because the Jabber client is telling the desk phone to do that.  Can you verify your settings in the Jabber client and see if that is the case?  What version of CUCM and Jabber type/client (Jabber for Windows 9.0...etc) are you using?

cvanitterbeeck
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your answer, I think this is something related to Video calls which are tried on the level of the voicegateway.

I will double check that this afternoon and come back with feedback...

Sorry for not posting at the right place.

C.

Lisa Latour
Level 6
Level 6

You may also want to check out the Cisco Support Community for technical questions and troubleshooting!

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/jabber

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: