cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows not able to manage an 8841

John Ruhl
Level 1
Level 1

We started to deploy the 8841 phone and we are seeing that the Jabber client for Windows is not able to manage this device.  

I did see an earlier posting that was similar stating that additional permissions were needed to allow the client to manage the phone.  Specifically, these permissions were mentioned:

Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf

Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode

This did not help.  I still am not able to manage the phone.

We are using Jabber Client version 10.6.0 Build 52330.  And Call Manager 10.5.1.

Any other suggestions to look into?

3 Replies 3

Alex Rich
Level 1
Level 1

Can you check on the jabber server and see if you see the 8841 tied to users? For us it will for example show 7 devices on the user summary screen for device count but once you select a user it will again for example show 6 devices with the 8841 missing. I have a tac case open and they are working with the developers to find out why. 

We are able to control the phone if you are quick and select it from the jabber drop down. If you wait more than a few seconds the selection is no longer there.

CM 9.1.2

Jabber 10.5 and 10.6

EDIT

Just to clarify my last statement. See attached. The one that shows Unknown Model: 683 will shows 8841 if I close jabber and check that screen within seconds. The other shot is 2-3 seconds later. 

My TAC Case is SR 634135047. Please let me know if you find a resolution.

We are using Jabber to interface with WebEx in the Cloud, so we don't have any servers local.  But the client does show the 8841.  However, when you attempt to connect to it, it refuses.  See the two attachments.

Alex Rich
Level 1
Level 1

I know my issue is a little different but I figured I would follow up with the final resolution to my case. The phone Device Name (MAC Address) in Call Manager must be in all CAPS. Failing to do so in our environment caused the phones to either not show up or not be controllable. 5 weeks lost but at least in our case the issue is resolved. Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: