Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows not working on PCs outside windows domain

Daniel Gomez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We're trying to implement Cisco Presence 8.6 and we recently started testing the configurations.

So far iPhones and iPads connect as expected but for some reason, windows users using Jabber for Windows will be able to connect only if user's PC has windows domain configured.

If I use my laptop, which has windows domain from my company or does not have any domain at all, I'll get a message saying there is an error trying to communicate to presence server.

I have to say that presence is configured with an IP and we're not using DNS.

I also have been looking here at the forum and I've found some posts saying that presence 8.6.4 should correct this. Does anybody know if this is a normal or expected behavior? Not allowing users to connect if their PCs doesn't have windows domain configured?

We're running presence 8.6.1

Regards!

DGQ

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can add LDAP connection settings and credentials to the jabber-config.xml.   This would allow workstations outside the domain to authenticate to active directory. If the machine is outside the domain you do loose the automatic client distribution which AD provides..

UDS is another option. If AD is integrated with CUCM, then UDS can be used as “DirectoryServerType” for non-domain PCs in the TFTP config file.

More details on these options are available in Admin Guide.

Thanks,

Maqsood

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can add LDAP connection settings and credentials to the jabber-config.xml.   This would allow workstations outside the domain to authenticate to active directory. If the machine is outside the domain you do loose the automatic client distribution which AD provides..

UDS is another option. If AD is integrated with CUCM, then UDS can be used as “DirectoryServerType” for non-domain PCs in the TFTP config file.

More details on these options are available in Admin Guide.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Thanks!!!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: