blazarov86
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on a jabber project consisting of:

CUCM 9.1.2

Colaboration Edge (MRA)

CUCM IM&P

Jabber clients (mostly jabber for windows, mostly Windows XP workstations)

Because of the fact that most of the end users are still on Windows XP we need to use a version of JFW that supports windows XP.

But because of the fact that they will use MRA we need to use UDS for directory. LDAP is still not supported outside of the corporate LAN via the MRA, right?

This is the document i found:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_6/InstallConfig/JABW_BK_CDFE9752_00_installation-and-configuration/JABW_BK_CDFE9752_00_installation-and-configuration_chapter_01.html

There are two statements in it:

1) Cisco Jabber for Windows 9.6 will be the last version to support Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows Vista

2 ) Cisco Unified Communications Manager User Data Services (UDS) is not supported for directory integration in this release.

Is this really the case? I've found in many other documents how to configure UDS in Jabber 9.6?

1 Reply 1

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Borislav,

I recommend you also post this to the Cisco Support Community for additional information and feedback.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: