Jabber for Windows - periodically tries to re-install and fails

gb-fairchild
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber 9.1

CUCM 7.1.3

Windows 7 32 bit

Cisco Presence   8.0.2.10000-30

Jabber for windows - periodically tries to re-install and fails. After install Jabber works for awhile but then when trying to open another program(Outlook, IE Explorer) it tries to re-install.  If I go to the directory where the install files are and do repair it works.  This seems like a conflict with another application.

I see this in the Windows application event log:

Detection of product '{4EB9D7DD-65B5-44ED-B877-CE3EF9B4530F}', feature 'Cisco_Jabber_Files', component '{7CB949BE-2270-4992-9C4C-8FDDB90F6FE2}' failed. The resource 'C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\JabberMeeting\DesktopShare\atgpcdec.dll' does not exist.

Jabber 9.1

CUCM 7.1.3

Windows 7 32 bit

Cisco Presence   8.0.2.10000-30

3 Replies 3

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Do you have WebEx Productivity plugin installed on the  machine? I can reproduce this problem after exiting Jabber, creating a  One-click meeting from Outlook and restarting Jabber. Please provide  further information to help me open a defect.

- What was the version of Jabber on this machine prior to 9.1.0?

- What is the version of the WebEx productivity tool plugin (if it is installed)?

- Is there a particular sequence that you can follow to reproduce it everytime?

Thanks,

Maqsood

I have re-opened an existing defect (CSCtz84051) to track this problem.

Thanks,

Maqsood

I did as you suggested - quit Jabber, opened a one-click from Outlook and then tried to start Jabber again.  I got the same error as noted above.  Is there a work-around for this?

Thanks,

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: