Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows Phone_Mode

I need Webex integration in Jabber for Windows using Phone Mode.

We are planning for Jabber for Windows 9.2.6 and have found the following documentation:   

a)      Note

With Versions 9.2(2) and later, Jabber for Windows does not support meeting integration with phone-only mode

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps12511/products_tech_note09186a0080c170ee.shtml

b)      Jabber 9.2.2 Release notes:

“As of this release, Cisco Jabber for Windows supports meetings integration in phone mode deployments.”

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2_2/JABW_BK_CAAD3F25_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-release-notes_chapter_00.html#JABW_RF_P5E88B4F_00

What is true?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Gonzalo,

Alternately, if you are using outlook and you decide to use Jabber in phone-only mode, you can use the webex-outlook plug in to join/host meetings.

i would think phone mode would not provide webEx ntegration, at least not through CUPS obviously because the Jabber client will not receive its conference profile from CUPS.  Your option B) would suggest, by manually altering the jabber-config.xml file, one can bring webex integration into Jabber phone-only. Really this would need to be set up in  a lab, to say conclusively if it is compatible with 9.2.2

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi minkdennis,

Thanks for the response, it makes sense not having CUPS wont retrieve Conferencing Profile.

unfortunately I dont have a Windows machine I can use, we are using CUCM 8.6.

Will try to get a Windows Machine and try it.

Thanks for responding.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: