Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for windows soft phone issue

Okechi Awujo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone has come accross this.. I have just installed J4W 10.5.2, the presence / IM works fine however the soft phone doesn't  register.  it comes up with error.. Connection error. Ensure the server information in the Phone Services tab on the Options window is correct. Contact your system administrator for assistance

The machine is obviously on the data VLAN.. however  when i connect  the machine to the voice VLAN the soft phone registers ok..  see attached document

A little background.. the SVIs for the VLANS are on a firewall but there are no restrictions between the data and voice VLANs .. see attached

please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Okechi,

It is possible that  your firewall is inspecting sip or blocking port 5060. The soft phone is a sip device and registers to cucm on port 5060

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Okechi,

It is possible that  your firewall is inspecting sip or blocking port 5060. The soft phone is a sip device and registers to cucm on port 5060

Please rate all useful posts

Ankoor Bek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Okechi,

It seems from the snapshot that the CCMCIP address is FQDN.

Please make sure that you are able to ping the hostname, domain, and FQDN from the host PC when connected over the data VLAN.

jonathan perrin
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find a solution to this i have a PC that is doing the exact same? softphone doesn't work on data  VLAN but does switched to Voice VLAN it connects and works properly.

PC connected direct to Data VLAN

-Allows CTI control of DeskPhone Softphone fails.

PC connected Direct to Voice VLAN

-Allows CTI contol of DeskPhone Softphone works.

Does not seem to be a Network problem because can use the same ports on a My Laptop and the Jabber Client works on Both VLANS

Hi Jonathan,

The Firewall was blocking port 5060 as Ayodeji said ..  a rule on the fiirewal to allow that port fixed it ..

banst8801
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can't resolve this, softphone mode in cisco jabber only works in voice vlan. Firewall is open. even I disconnect the firewall, but nothing. 

help please,

Regards,

Esteban

My issue endup i had a sip trunk pointed to my work station ip for some testing I was doing in CUCM.

Hi,

I fixed it. The domain name was missing in the dhcp pool configuration. I had to add that, and problem resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: