cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber For Windows Spell Check

jsmcniel88
Level 4
Level 4

Am I missing something or is there not any spell checking in Jabber for windows?

24 Replies 24

Alex Rich
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone get more info on when / if this will ever be added? Rumors?

tfrericks
Level 1
Level 1

Wow, TWO YEARS without action. And something so basic. :(

Alex Rich
Level 1
Level 1

So ths has finally been added in 10.5. Unfortunately its Windows 8 only... So I imagine this will not be usful for most of us.

Spellcheck (Windows 8)
Spellcheck is available for instant messaging chats on Cisco Jabber clients running on Windows 8
operating system. Language support is dependent on those supported by Windows 8. Spellcheck is
active only for the language defined for your operating system, not the language defined for yourJabber
client.

Win 8 only??

This is just ridiculous!

The more I use Cisco products, the less faith I've got in them. So many bugs and issues!

I'm running V10.5.2 Build 45439 on Win8.1 and I don't see an option to turn on spell correction. Does it have to be enabled on the backend first?

I wouldn't think this would be something on the server side.  That being said I'm running Jabber for Windows 10.6 on Windows 7 and spell check works without issue.  I didn't need to make any changes.

DJ

ditto

Interesting. We're running Jabber 10.5.2 on Win7 and there is no spell check. Was it added to 10.6?

Upgrading to V 10.6.0 brought in the ability for spellcheck, yay! I feel sorry for you all that waited two years for this.

I'm curious though what dictionary it's using. Because I think someone might get fired on the development team since their own product doesn't check itself correctly! Thanks Crisco!

Kristof-1
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed and tested Jabber 10.6.1 on Windows 7 and can confirm that the spell-check is there and working. Finally!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: