Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows Tabs

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hello,

I have a customer with a Jabber for Windows 12.6.

By default users have the Hunt Group Login/Logout tab enabled using the  <EnableHuntGroup>true</EnableHuntGroup> policy.

By default the Voicemail tab is disabled  <Voicemail_Enabled>false</Voicemail_Enabled>

A subset of users need to use voicemail so I have created a copy of the jabber-config.xml file and changed the voicemail setting to  <Voicemail_Enabled>true</Voicemail_Enabled> and set this to be loaded using the Cisco Support Field setting on the users CSF device page.

This works ok in that when the user logs in they see the Voicemail tab. The problem is that the Hunt Group Login/Logout tab has disappeared.

I have tried resetting Jabber etc. but get the same issue.

The users have five visible tabs:

1. Contacts
  2. Chats
  3. Calls
  4. Meetings
  5. Hunt Group Logon or Voicemail

Is there a setting which controls how many tabs are visible?

4 Replies 4

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Not in my experience, other than the window size. At some point it needs to be stretched vertically to see them all. At least one of the clients used to display a "more" button at the bottom of the column of tabs in the hub.

Thanks for the response. I have resized the window and see no change - there is plenty of screen space available to hold at least five more tabs.

I just tested this myself with Jabber 12.9 . The tab does not appear if telephony is disabled (I did that by mistake before I realized you meant voicemail). If voicemail is disabled but telephony enabled, it does appear.

<Telephony_Enabled>true</Telephony_Enabled>

<Voicemail_Enabled>false</Voicemail_Enabled>

<EnableHuntgroup>true</EnableHuntgroup>

<EnableCallPickup>true</EnableCallPickup>

<EnableGroupCallPickup>true</EnableGroupCallPickup>
<EnableOtherCallPickup>true</EnableOtherCallPickup>

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. I have recreated the base config file and voicemail enabled file and it is now working ok.

Not sure what the issue was but it is solved now :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: