Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - Upgrade from 15.5 to 11.7 issue

mmemeo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I just upgraded Jabber for Windows fror 15.5 to 11.7 and now I'm not able to connect 
to my IMP server.
The error is 'Unable to contact server' either in DNS mode, either with specific IP Address.

IMP  10.5.2.21900-4

CUCM 10.5.2.11900-3

I tried to reinstall from scratch and create a new user on CUCM, but it's still not working.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Bobby Stojceski
Level 1
Level 1

Can you double check your version numbers. Do you mean Jabber 11.5 to 11.7? You have said 15.5 and not sure what that is.

• Are there multiple users with this issue?
  • Have you tried a different computer?
  • Is this just internal computers or are you referring to using MRA (Jabber from external through an Edge server)?
  • What DNS records do you have in place? Have you got the SRV record? Can you ping the IM&P server OK?
  • Is the CUCM user part of the "Standard CCM End Users" group and are the Home Cluster and Presence checkboxes ticked?
  • Check the "Assign Presence Users" section under User Administration menu in CUCM and ensure the user is within a group. If they are not, add to the appropriate group and if that fails then check Presence Redundancy Groups under the System menu in CUCM to ensure they are in Sync (assuming you have a cluster at all).

The correct release are 11.5.0 Build 26858 and 11.7.
On some PCs the release 11.5.0 Build 26858 is working, but the 11.7 is not working at all.

All the others points are checked and are correct.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: