Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows - URI calling

wosele
Level 4
Level 4

In a web page you can use links similar to this:

<a href="tel:1234">Call reception</a>

Clicking  on this link will pop up a Jabber confirmation dialog.

Is there a possibility to disable the confirmation dialog? (Like in webdialer: Do not display call confirmation dialog)

Thanks

Walter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Walter,

It is not possible to disable the confirmation dialog.

Thanks,

Maqsood

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Walter,

It is not possible to disable the confirmation dialog.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Hi Maqsood,

thanks for your answer.

Will this feature be included in some future release? I think it's usefull and fairly easy to implement.

Hi Walter,

URI dialing is on the backlog for JabberWin. It has not been committed yet for any particular release.

Thanks,

Maqsood

Thanks again!

Walter

We are trying to do exactly the same thing as Walter - launch calls from a web site using a URI - and having this extra pop-up is a completely unacceptable UX for our user base. Not sure what the rationale for having such an obnoxious pop-up ever was, but if some users want it there absolutely should be a setting to suppress this pop-up and launch the call for those users/companies that don't want it.

I see this was last discussed/requested two (2) years ago. Has any progress been made? Our casual examination does not show an option to set suppression of the pop-up but perhaps we've missed it. Please direct us as to how to do this or if it is still not done an ETA on it?

Thanks

Hi jsanders,

you could select the 'Remember my choice for tel links'. Is this acceptable for you?

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it does not help as it is not the browser's confirmation pop-up that is the problem, we saw right away how to suppress that one as you too have shown.

The issue is the next pop-up generated it would seem by Jabber itself, see attached image. We don't see anyway as yet to suppress that one and we would need that to make this function usable to users... can't deploy something so annoying.

Any ideas on how to suppress the Jabber pop-up?

Hi jsanders,

I didn't find any info or way to disable the pop-up, it looks like that it is by design.

Regards.

Hi mmorais,

Appreciate your looking into this, thanks. I just can't imagine why anyone would design an application with a pop-up that can't be configured. 

Is anyone from Cisco's Jabber team reading here? How can we get this fixed?

Thanks